Saturday, September 13, 2008

Garage Sales, Flea Markets and Thrift Stores




I love what I do, and I do what I love. There is something so fulfilling to me in purchasing for personal use things that are worn, in need of repair or needs a little updating. There are so many bargins in shopping second hand. I love anything that is more beautiful because it has aged. This blog is actually dedicated to my pastime. I have found ways to earn extra income from reselling many of the items that I purchase. I love that one of a kind or vintage look that I can achieve from shopping what some would call secondhand merchandise. Since I am an artist/designer it is so fun to find that one piece that needs a fresh coat of paint to become a truly cherished "new" item for my home. I have never been intimidated by a little fixing up, a little painting or maybe just a little cleaning. One of the really great things about Flea Market decorating is that we are recycling good usable items, keeping our landfills from being overfilled with many things that are still of value. Be bold and fearlous about shopping secondhand, but buy what you can reasonably use. Remember that while an item may seem like a good deal, it can become a burden on available storage space in your home if you really don't have a use for it. There are a lot of good magazines on the newsstands and in bookstores that will give you some great ideas for using or recycling home decor items.
If you have an item that you need help with, leave me a comment and I can certainly give you my opinion. Thanks for stopping by! Deb

No comments: